Business Information Technology (BIT) diploma program gives you a broad range of skills that make you stand out in almost any industry. With cutting-edge courses that are relevant to today’s IT and business demands, BIT gives you the leadership skills, the know-how, and the confidence for a successful career in business technology and management.
Economies of scale are moving computing applications and information storage solutions onto the Internet. Given the changes in industry due to technology, mobility, and cloud computing, there is an increasing market demand for specialists in that bridge business and IT, which is why the BIT program will help you launch an in-demand career. As a business solution designer, you’ll provide the bridge between business and computing and will be able to put together custom systems using cloud-based applications. Concurrently, businesses are gathering unprecedented amounts of data which leads to a demand for professionals that can provide business intelligence that aids in decision-making. The BIT program will prepare you for success in a rapidly changing world.
About the program
Full-time/part-time diploma program
This program can be completed in 66 weeks
Extensive exposure to industry offers exceptional networking opportunities
Business consulting projects provide hands-on experiences looking at real-life industry problems in all fields of business including finance, operations, and customer development
Work experience not required, but highly recommended
Who should apply for the Business IT Diploma You might find the most benefit in this program if you: 1. Are interested in combining technology and business 2. Have a combination of academics, business, or volunteer experience 3 . Have a unique idea you want to develop within your company or as an entrepreneurial venture 4. Are a team-player interested in big-picture and strategy 5. If you are interested in understanding wide range of areas in Information Technology Specializations
Graduates of the BIT diploma program are eligible to enter any of the following professional designation programs:
• Project Management
• Six-Sigma Green Belt
What you could be earning:
$47,840 - $75,004
Salary data taken from: jobbank.gc.ca
New classes starting throughout the year
Benefit from small classes and interactive learning
Gain access to our extensive employer network
Career Services and Graduate Employment Services available to help you find employment
Financial assistance may be available to students who qualify
Career Opportunities Upon Graduation
Graduates of the Business Information Technology program may find careers as a:
• Business Analyst
• Technical Support
• Quality Assurance Analyst
• IT Project Manager
• Business Intelligence Analyst
• Web Application Developer
• Internet Entrepreneur
• IT Consultant
• Systems Analyst
• Network Administrator
• Systems Administrator
• IT Manager
The BIT program provides a solid foundation in Information Technology and Business with focus on the following technical areas:
· Application/Web Development builds proficiency in application development for business systems. Languages include Java and C#
· Database Management will provide you with a highly developed skill set focused on daily operation of relational databases, system
administration, backup and recovery, advanced SQL, and data warehousing.
· Network Management will give you the skills needed for network administration, security and disaster recovery, platform integration, and Windows or Unix servers. Some courses are integrated with established programs such as the Cisco Networking CCNA, MCSE.
· Six-Sigma Business Process Improvement will provide you with the specialized skills you need to develop content for the Web, including server-side technologies, introductory Internet security, platform integration, and mobile technologies.